Ms. Pechan's Blog

"Adventure is worthwhile." -Aesop

New Zealand … Here I Come!

Kia ora!

I am so excited to let you all know that I will be heading off to New Zealand in just a few short days.  I will be flying from Los Angeles to the city of Auckland.  Does anyone know how many hours it will take me to get there on my flight?

New Zealand is a popular tourist destination because it is such a beautiful country with many outdoor adventures.  In addition, the people have a reputation for being very kind and hospitable.  If you are interested in learning a little about New Zealand, click here.  You will be able to read about some of the sightseeing, learn about New Zealand’s history, and you might even pick up a few words that the Kiwis use when speaking in casual conversation.

I hope that I will be able to update my blog a few times while I’m away.  I would love to share with you what I am seeing, doing, and learning.  I hope that you will share with me what you are learning and doing too.

10 Comments

1. How is it over there Ms.pechan?

2. I hope you have lots of fun at New Zealand.Hope you have many adventures out there and make many new friends over there.New Zealand is 21 hours ahead of us.

3. Hey Ms. Pechan how is it going? I hope you are very well. Have you made any friends over there? Have you learned anything from its culture. Hope you can post more pictures of New Zealand.

• Ms. P

November 14, 2014 at 7:22 am

Tomorrow I will be going to a place where I will be learning about the Maori culture. If you want to get a sneak peak, you can visit the website here: I will be sure to post about it later!

4. Hey Ms. Pechan. Thanks to your link now I know that in New Zealand they speak English and Maori. I also now that New Zealand is about the size of Colorado. And that the population is about 4,290,347.

5. Hello Mrs.Pechan I was really happy with the link you put in your writing. I loved learning about who were New Zealands first inhabitants wich were the Maori. I even got to take the challege and test my self on New Zealand. Well it was nice learning about New Zealand.

6. Hello Ms. Pechan. I learned facts about New Zealand thanks to your link. I learned that they speak English and Maori. I also learned that New Zealand is about the size of Colorado. And the population is 4,290,347. It was wonderful learning facts about New Zealand.

• Ms. P

November 18, 2014 at 11:08 am

Excellent! I’m so glad that you took the time to read up on New Zealand. It’s fun to be learning together with you.